Summer in the Church
Well it happened. The long weekend in May arrived and we were reminded of what we are in store for. The weather is changing, trailers are ready, cottages are open and holiday time is calling our names. Time away from the routine: home, work and the church is to be expected but here are some good reminders for us all.
- Make worship a priority. We need community and worship keeps us connected to God. So model for your children or other children in our church that you take worship seriously. We will hold worship every Sunday (even over the summer) as well as a middler and toddler program for your kids. But if you are away then we encourage you to find another church where you are and bless them with your presence.
- You can always follow KesPres (or your own church) online. If you are away please know you can go to kespres.ca and find sermons (printed and audio) as well as updates, pictures and so much more. Sermons are typically posted just a few minutes after worship concludes so if you have an internet connection, listen to a sermon online to stay connected.
- Summer is a great time to invite a friend to worship. Worship at KesPres is more relaxed over the summer and when friends or family are around and looking for something to do you can always invite them to worship or an event that is going on at KesPres (KesPres Golf Tournament/BBQ etc) Take the time to invite a friend over the summer and when our full program begins again in September you might just find your friend/family now consider KesPres home.
- Ministry Expenses even over the summer. In June, July and August summer ministry expenses continue whether it be stipends, heat and lights, programming costs and so on. So please remember to support the ministry of your church, even when you are not present. Church envelopes are a good reminders of how many Sundays you have been away and PAR (pre-authorized remittance or automatic withdrawal) also helps you be consistent and the church better budget. Please help us stay on budget over the summer by giving consistently over the summer and “making up” when you are away.
- Let’s remember to serve. Our ministry planner continues even over the summer which means there are ways to be Christ’s hands and feet on Sundays (greeting, reading scripture, ushering, teaching our kids and so on) as well as mid week opportunities (mowing, sweeping and mopping and so on). So unless you are physically out of the area all summer consider ways you can serve both Jesus and your church family this summer.