Lesson 17 Romans 9:30-10:21
Please listen again to the sermon of May 14, re-read Romans 9:3010:21 and on your own, or better still, join with one of our small groups during the week and consider these questions, as together we dig deeper.
- What does Paul say here is the reason for Jewish unbelief? (9:30-33). Does this contradict what Paul says in 9:14-18? Why not and how?
- What is completely topsy turvy about the situation Paul describes in how Jews and Gentiles responded to the gospel (9:30-33) Why do you think that people are more concerned about religion and righteousness might be more prone to miss the gospel?
- What does Paul give Israel credit for? (10:2) What does he say is the reason they did not submit to the gospel? (10:2-3) Why blame them, then? How does Paul show that they have known the gospel?
- What do these verses tell us how to become a Christian? (10:9-13) How is it similar or different than what you believe?
- What do these verses tell us about evangelism? How are faith and hearing the word related in your life?
- Paul seems to allude that there is more to our Christian life than living out our faith? Do you agree to disagree with Paul? What is the role of speech in living out our faith?
- Have you ever shared with someone how to become a Christian? Why or why not? How would you do it? Who might God be leading you to speak with right now?